Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thanks!

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for viewing my blog.  Just so that you know, I do this not for me, but for the benefit of all of you.  One day I will no longer walk -- or blog, in my case -- this earth, and I realized that I'd better get my knowledge out there to the public before it dies with me.

The question is, who will carry the baton if I fall?  My hope is, that it will be any number of my readers!  Don't look so dismayed!  You can do it.  Believe it or not, I have yet to scratch the wax of the bourbon surface.  There are many more blog posts along the way from which you can build upon and one day, you too will be pure genius when it comes to Bourbon Afficianading just like your Mentor (me! :D ).

If there is one golden rule I've learned in life it's, when someone is looking the other way, kick him in the nuts!  This is just a fancy, eloquent way of saying, take advantage of the situation that is before you, else you may on the receiving end of a crotch shot!  So, please, take advantage of this blog.  I promise you, you will walk away a much better Bourbonite, human being and confidence man for doing so.

Also, earlier this morning, Google sent me the following email:

"Hello John,

"We at Google would like to apologize for the latency issues you and other bloggers have experienced over the past 7 days.  We have determined what the issue is and we are moving fast to resolve it.  As it turns out, your blog has had such a signifigant amount of traffic that our Linux servers, in certain geographic regions, are bogging down to the point where some are actually crashing and going offline.  Fortunately, due to various protections against this, such as Data Redundancy, we have been able to keep all blogs up and running but on a much slower pace.

"Based on this, we have decided to migrate your blog to a server dedicated soley to you. This will take no longer than 24-hours.  Once this transition is complete, you will be informed immediately by email.

"Thank you for your continued service and for giving us such a great showing as each blog is a reflection on us here at Google. 

Sincerely,

The Google IT Team"



So I guess there is some good and bad in there.  The good:  there is lots of traffic.  The bad:  We are killing the servers.  If you all are experiencing issues with my blog at any time, please email me and I will be glad to inform Google on your behalf.

I've never looked at any of my numbers and found out after the above email that there is a way to look at traffic.  The numbers I have for the past two days is as follows (and it doesn't seem like that much).
 
Pageviews today
3,709
Pageviews yesterday
4,259


Interesting too, are some of the sites that I have received traffic from:

straightbourbon.com (no relation to me)
bourbonenthusiast.com
whiskywhiskywhisky.com
singlemalt.com.au
whiskeynyt.dk
chuckcowdrey.blogspot.com
whatdoesjohnknow.com
1789b.com/libations
bourbonvulcher.com
maltadvocate.com
whiskyjapan.com
gringobourbonsipper.com
bourbonhounds.com
bitchesandbourbon.com
unicornsandbourbon.com
bourbonlube.com
banginbourbon.com
booxley.com
bourbonsociety.org
thriller.com
southoftheborderbourbon.com
buffalotrace.com
heavenhill.com
wildturkey.com
fourroses.com


Anyway, THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment